Friday, December 16, 2011

I'M TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

HAHAHA I can just imagine Anna and Andrew with the deer!  That is awesome!  I love the Bricker Christmas party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love how Vicki always has the goodie bags afterwards stuffed with cool/yummy things :)  It looks pretty cold there!!!!!  That is cool that Rogelio and Steve's girlfriend came too.  I wish I could've met Rogelio!!!!  Is anyone new scheduled to come in?  Yay for decorating!  We decorated too!  I should have taken pictures.
Okay so this week I got some exciting news.  I'M TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!  That is what I wanted was to train this last transfer so I could just pass down everything I've learned.  Tomorrow we have transfers and I get to go pick her up :)  I'm also excited to stay here in Mission.  I'm sad to say goodbye to Sister Cortes, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED working with her...but it's not too bad because I'll see her every Monday. 
Other exciting news!  Claudia got BAPTIZED yesterday!  The Lord has really been blessing us to find the prepared people.  I have loved working with Claudia because she has just guided her own conversion with the spirit.  We asked her when she thought that God wanted her to be baptized... she told us "before the end of the year" and picked a date and prayed about it.  She also told us of when she gained her testimony - she was pondering on everything that we had taught her, she read the 13 Articles of Faith and she said it just hit her "I believe in all these things.  It makes sense.  I know it is true."  She was so smiley and a lot of her family were there to support her.  Obispo Torres baptized her.
MORE exciting news!  Javier said he wants to get baptized the 18th (aka this weekend!) Orale!  Andale!  The field is white already to harvest!
I know that the Lord's hand is in this work.  He loves us soooooooooo much. 
Thanks for the alpaca scarf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That sounds like it will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It has been pretty cold lately.  Sister Cortes and I have been walking a lot because we don't have miles... so we walked from our appointment to the church and she was FREEZING - especially her hands because she doesn't have gloves.

I'm trying to come up with something I can send you all for Christmas... but it will probably be something made with love haha because I don't have money...it will be one of these gifts this year:
 
"We all enjoy giving and receiving presents. But there is a difference  between presents and gifts. The true gifts may be part of  ourselves--giving of the riches of the heart and mind--and therefore more  enduring and of far greater worth than presents bought at the store."Of course, among the greatest of gifts is the gift of love..."Some, like Ebenezer Scrooge in Dickens's A Christmas Carol,  have a hard time loving anyone, even themselves, because of their  selfishness. Love seeks to give rather than to get. Charity towards and  compassion for others is a way to overcome too much self-love" (James E.  Faust, "A Christmas With No Presents," Ensign, Dec 2001, 2-6).
 
LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment