Monday, September 20, 2010

HOLA!
It is good to hear what is going on there in Olympia. I can't believe it rained for ten days straight! Well actually I can believe it haha... it has been raining here too. I keep telling people that it reminds me of home :) It makes it a little trickier to go contact people.

Okay well this week went by CRAZY fast!!!!!!!!!!! We had a lot of conferences and training all over the place. We went to Corpus Cristi and McAllen. I missed Laredo though because it is amazing! It was funny reading Jon's email because it is so true, you really get attached to an area and the people there. While my companion was gone I went on splits with a member who is 17 and just got baptized like 5 months ago. We had scheduled a recent convert lesson and so it was just me and her... and it was ALL in Spanish... so I was a little nervous without my "mother" as we call our companions who train us. But Heavenly Father helped us out and it was all good. The young lady I went with is amazing and has such a strong testimony. She took me out to eat at Arby's afterwards - so nice.

My first mexican meal was PASOLE! It was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! It is soup with homony and pork and it is SUPER DELICIOUS!!!! Speaking of food! We went to visit an investigator and she just so happened to be making apples covered in tamorindo. We helped her finish the ones she was making and she showed us how too!!!! Okay so you take an apple and scoop out the inside. Then you swipe some sugar inside and stuff it with fresh mango. Then you get this stuff that is red - kind of like strawberry fruit roll-up but some mexican candy - and spread it around the outside... then you roll it in the tamorindo/chile powder stuff and you are done. It is their version of carmeled apples :) I didn't think it was going to be good because it looked spicy from the outside - BUT IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS!!!! Sorry it is a bad description but I'll send pics soon.

Okay, well we have some really AMAZING investigators right now. We met this one couple through a door contact. When we asked them later what they were expecting from our visits they said "we just want to see if you had more to offer/add"... and of course we were like YES WE DO!!!! When we later taught lesson one about prophets and Joseph Smith... we asked her if she believed Joseph Smith was a prophet and she said yes right away.... I was like wait a second, that isn't what people usually say! I am amazed by their faith. We asked her if she wanted to get baptized... and she said she already was... so we have to clear that issue up a bit but I have faith it will all work out :) God is so good!

I know this church is true.
I wouldn't be out here working, working, working if I didn't know this would bring so much joy to people's lives.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

P.S. MY MISSION PRESIDENT IS THE SAME PERSON AS DAD. THEY REMIND ME SO MUCH OF EACH OTHER IT IS CRAZY. THEY NEED TO MEET SOMEDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment