Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY LIFE

Laredo was great this week! It went by SUPER fast. I can't believe it. We met some really great people this week. The first door I knocked on this week, the guy opened the door and was like "what do you want?" he was super stand-offish and didn't want anything to do with me haha... which is normal.. but the more I talked with him about life and Jesus Christ, the more he opened up. He started talking to me about the terrible time he has been having for most of his life - and especially lately with finances. He started talking to me about how he had no faith left in God. He had been praying for help for the longest time and didn't feel like God was coming to the rescue. He told me just as he was doing the dishes that he was thinking really negative and how he wanted to end his life... and then he heard a knock at the door... and there I was. He started crying. I told him that a lot of the time God doesn't answer prayers in the way we expect. By the end of the conversation he said he knew God had sent us there to talk with him. We are going over tomorrow again. I hope we can help him build his faith again. It was just amazing to me that the Lord really does have people prepared and that need His message. It was a blessing to me to be able to work for Him in that moment and know that I was sent by Him specifically for someone in need.

THE LORD HAS A BAPTISM THIS SATURDAY! She reminds me of Chris - well in girl form. She has lots of great questions every time we go over and I learn a lot. She has great faith in God and desires to receive the cleanliness that comes from baptism. She is really nervous about it though so... if you want keep her in your prayers.

The couple I talked about last week are doing good. They won't come to church though. It is super sad. Her family is devout catholic and are giving her a really hard time about it... so she is hesitating now... but that is okay. We will keep praying and working hard to help her come closer to Christ.

Well the missionary work is GREAT! We went out knocking for four hours yesterday and it was AWESOME. We met a lot of great people who are interested and ready for the gospel. The Lord is truely preparing people all the time. We also met a lot of interesting folks... one who started speaking to us in "tougues" and encouraged us to try it sometime :)

Oh my goodness the food is DELICIOUS. We had dinner with the Soliz family this week. Everything they cooked was amazing. They are having us over again this week for some official mexican carne asada... so excited!!! My companion is teaching me how to make authentic enchiladas this week.

The work is hard but I LOVE IT. I've never been so happy in my life. I make a lot of mistakes and I'm definitley not perfect at anything but I don't know why, I'm just happy. The language is coming slowly but surely... I'd say I understand about 60%...but when it comes to speaking I'm probably 30-40%.... some day though. I can relate to Jon when he said sometimes I feel like I'm doing everything wrong... and haha for me a lot of the time it is true. But I'm grateful for those experiences because they keep me humble. I will never forget what Jill said in YW's:

"Every door in the Gospel hinges on humility"

or something like that - but its true!!!! It's all about being humble and teachable.

Gotta run BUT I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THIS GOSPEL IS TRUE. I KNOW GOD AND CHRIST LIVE. I KNOW WE WILL ALL SEE THEM AGAIN SOMEDAY.

TAKE CARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment