Monday, April 11, 2011

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BIGGEST ROLLERCOASTERS OF MY MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMO ESTA MAMA Y FAMILIA? Estoy bien aqui en Tejas. Estoy viviendo la vida! La vida es muy buena aqui... estoy predicando y quemando :)

My goal this month was to budget my money well for once! So I want to stay within my $120. So I have $12 dollars to spend each week on food for the rest of the month! Lentils, apples, bananas and peanut butter! I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The members are so nice here though so we have dinner a lot this week! I never knew how much coin laundry takes up money! Hijole!

Saturday was our walking day and it felt like we were in the desert of the Sahara! I thought I was hallucinating a little bit... but instead of an oasis... baptismal fonts... haha just kidding. But really it was SUPER hot - I put sunscreen on though :) Soy negrita ahora (as Sister Salan would say). Sister Lichfield forgot to put some on her neck and it was seriously purple by the end of the day. Yay for Texas!!!!!!

Sister Salan is awesome. She is helping our Spanish out and teaching us all the Guatamalan phrases... and guess what?! SHE IS A CHEF! Really she went to school and everything so I'm going to learn how to make some Guatamalan masterpieces for you! And we have one more place we can stop on our South American tour :) We were talking with this man and we were setting up a return appointment... I wrote down all our names on the back of the pamphlet and gave it to him. He was looking at them and all of a sudden said "Woah, wait a minute... who is Sister Satan?!" hahaha we explained to him that her name was SALAN not SATAN haha and he said "Oh okay... that is better. I was going to say, maybe I was talking with the wrong people if her name was Satan."

Okay so let me tell you something.... THIS WEEK HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BIGGEST ROLLERCOASTERS OF MY MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't exactly tell you why over email but maybe when you call for mother's day :) But all is well hopefully! I've never come to appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ so much in my life and also for the lives of others. The one investigator has been a rollercoaster. I called to tell him yesterday that we couldn't come over anymore until he lived the Word of Wisdom... and he broke down and practically begged us to keep his baptismal date for this coming Sunday. We told him that he would have to be willing to act RIGHT NOW and give it all up. He agreed. We called the District Leader and we had his interview and he passed. The Elders gave him a blessing of strength to give everything up. The spirit was strong. He is having a hard time because that is the culture of his family - to drink/smoke/party... there are temptations basically everywhere. If you could keep him in your prayers this week that would be AWESOME! He needs all the Heavenly help he can get. I know he'll get baptized this Sunday and I'm SUPER SUPER EXCITED FOR HIM! He has been the investigator with the biggest lifestyle change that I've worked with.

Pues... que mas? We are just working working working and trying not to burn! I love you so much mom! Thanks for your support and prayers always. I love being a missionary. I want you and Dad to feel this someday too! You will love it mom! Well you are already a missionary but you'd love to serve full time.

LOVE YOU AND THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment