Monday, April 4, 2011

It didn't come when I was on my knees, but while I was on my feet working for the Lord.

That sounds like such a funny trip with Anna and Andrew. Of course, somebody always has to throw up on trips. I always remember that one story Debbie told of when Connor ate a whole bag of starbursts. After he puked them all up, Debbie said "that was the best smelling puke ever!" haha. I have everyone's pictures up on the wall over my desk... Sister Lichfield always looks at the ones of Anna and Andrew eating their mexican candies and admires their toe-headed cuteness!

BY THE WAY I GET TO STAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY I'M SO EXCITED! I get to stay here with Sister Lichfield and we will be getting Sister Salan. She is from Guatamala :) I'm excited! Hopefully she will teach me how to make some delicious things ;) I'm really excited I will get to stay here to see the baptism of an investigator we have been working with for a while. Oh and we went by last night and his mom joined our lesson... we invited her to work towards this step with her son and she said she'd prepare for baptism as well :) There are such great things happening in this area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The field is white my dear family!

Conference was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved a lot of the talks. I especially liked what Uchtdorf said... something like "I don't usually recieve answers to prayers while I'm on my knees, but rather while I'm on my feet working for the Lord." I loved that! As missionaries our prayers are often "help us find the people who are ready for this message." So many times before the mission, I heard amazing stories about people just seeing in a dream the house that they needed to knock on or something like that... but it doesn't happen that way (well sometimes in special occasions :)! The answers to our prayers come when we get out there and work and are obedient. I've been asking God lots of questions lately because it has been hard for us to help people get to baptism. The answers never came while I was praying... but the next day we were teaching a lesson and Sister Lichfield was bearing testimony to the investigator and what she said TOTALLY answered my question. It didn't come when I was on my knees, but while I was on my feet working for the Lord. It is just funny how you never know who your testimony is going to touch... or when it is going to be an answer to someone's prayer. I really love that quote of President Uchtdorf. We need to just keep pressing forward and answers will come!

I PRAY FOR YOU ALL ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment