Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

LIFE IS BUSY, BUSY, BUSY AND A LOT OF WORK HERE IN THE MTC BUT IT IS GREAT! I love the picture of Anna and the peanut butter :) You are training her well! Peanut butter is the spice of life. I was going through withdrawals for a few days because I never saw any peanut butter in the cafeteria . . . but then I found it and now I have a spoonful every night after dinner! The food is pretty good!!!! Not as good as yours of course Mom :) They have different salads every day for lunch and dinner so that is basically all I eat because my health goal is not to gain any weight here at the MTC.

The first couple of days were LONGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! But now it is GREAT! I'm getting used to the schedule and we have time to study outside which is awesome. There is no way that I would keep going if it wasn't for the Savior. I remember the second day I was having a really hard time, because there is so much to do and I really feel quite INADEQUATE for this work, but then I realized that I was trying to do it all on my own . . . so I thought of that picture you gave me and realized that I wasn't turning to the Savior in my time of need. He is ALWAYS there to help us. As soon as I sought His help, things have been MUCH better. I have learned so much in the past 6 days. I thought I knew what missionary work was all about . . . but no way. It is all about the Spirit and not saying what I think the person wants to hear, but asking Heavenly Father what they NEED to hear.

We haven't learned much Spanish yet . . . BUT my teacher is REALLY, REALLY GOOD and it is coming soon. He is preparing us spiritually before we jump into the language. I do know how to pray and bear testimony in Spanish. We can't say any more prayers in English so that is fun :) My roommate said the other night I was talking in my sleep, but the best part was that she said it was all in Spanish :) haha so I must be learning something right? My companions are Hermana Harrison and Hermana Dalton. Hermana Harrison went to BYUI and is very spunky and works hard. Hermana Dalton is very smart and in-tune with the missionary purpose. They are great. I'm really learning to love them.

Oh, guess what?!?!?! I have officially broken my gum habit! Are you proud of me? No gum allowed as a missionary! So if you send me anything, send mints :) My favorite thing my teacher says a lot is "It doesn't matter how well you present a lesson. It doesn't matter how well you speak Spanish. What matters is that you feel the spirit and the investigator feels the spirit." Great, great advice. We are here to invite others to come unto Christ. Life is good. We work, work, work hard all day and at the end you look back and feel really good.

Yay for the beach!!!! That is awesome. Saul knows how to make a smore apparently :) I'm glad you had fun!!!
SungGeun and Hyemin: I use the lotion every day it's so dry here
Fic: You are so awesome and I miss you
Saul: Eat lots of smores for me
Pedro: Keep enjoying your time in Oly

If you want to write me by dearelder.com I get it that day and then I don't have to spend my computer time reading and can get right into writing.

LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
I HAVE AN AWESOME FAMILY!!!!!!

SE QUE ESTA IGLESIA ES VERDADERA :)
TE AMO
HERMANA BRICKER

P.S. THERE IS AN ELDER IN MY DISTRICT THAT REMINDS ME OF JON AND IT'S AWESOME. HE IS SO FUNNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment