Monday, November 22, 2010

ARM WRESTLE--Raspa (snow cone) vs. Book of Mormon

Pues Hola :)

Hello everyone back home :) I can't believe it snowed!!!!!!! That is crazy. I was just talking to Leanne Longoria (she goes to byui but came back to Weslaco for Thanksgiving break) and she said that Rexburg doesn't even have snow yet. Olympia is ahead of Rexburg in snow... weird... that has got to be the sign of the second coming or something. You're going to the Tri-Cities for Thanksgiving?! FUN! Say hello to everyone over there for me :) Eat lots! For Thanksgiving we have two dinner appointments right now :) Yay! Don't you worry, I will eat lots of pumpkin pie. For some reason I thought that we had holidays off as missionaries just to kind of hang around the house and visit members.... haha I was wrong. It's going to be just another day because the Lord's work never stops! I think maybe we'll stay in for a bit on Christmas. I'm not going to lie, I've been wishing for just a day to rest. Everyday I wake up I'm exhausted... and everytime we get back home I hit the pillow right after planning. We've just been going, going, going! I'm super tired... but life is still good of course :) It is the least I can do...the Savior suffered for all of our sins and bled from every pore... the least I can do is be a little tired right?

This week went by SUUUUUUUUUUUUPER quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only people that came to church were the kids I talked about last week. They are awesome - I love them. The one girl is EXACTLY like Gracie. I wish they could meet because they would have fun together. After a lesson about the Word of Wisdom she wanted to arm wrestle me... so I said if she beat me five times in a row I'd buy her a RASPA (snow cone type thing that everyone raves over down here) and if I won she would have to read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon. She beat me (with help of course) so now I need to buy her a watermelon raspa with kool-aid and gummi bears.... but I made her read a chapter of the Book of Mormon anyway :)

We are still working on helping people solidify their testimonies... we are trying to get people to come to church, but it is hard for them... either because they just don't have the desire or because it is new and different for them. The Spanish branch is going to start a "noche de hoger" family home evening for our investigators to come to... I think it is an awesome idea. People can just come and see members in real life and talk casually.

I'm so excited for pumpkin pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got some letters from people in the single's branch! Yay for Oly 5th!

On Saturday we find out if we are being transfered or not! I have NO IDEA if I will stay or go... but I hope I can stay. I like it here.

La vida es buena!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment