Monday, November 1, 2010

TRYING TO STOP THIS WORK IS LIKE TRYING TO STOP THE MISSISSIPPI!!!

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

They were beautiful! It looks like you had fun with Grandma and Grandpa Bricker! Tell them I said hello. Andrew and Anna's costumes look AWESOME! They are so big everytime I see them. I was on the bus in spirit! YES I GOT THE PACKAGE THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GLUTEN FREE BARS WERE SO GOOD MOM I NEED THE RECIPE! OF COURSE I HAVE EATEN THEM ALL ALREADY HAHA. The blanket was a bad idea though... it's so comfy I don't want to get up!!!!!!!!! :) I love it and use it all the time! But there is so much work to do here that I am able to get out of bed in the morning, don't you worry! The GPS is awesome Dad, thanks a ton. I like it because it has the speed limit in the bottom corner so I can always make sure I'm driving the correct speed... perfect for being exactly obedient :) And the card was cute Mom thanks. I also got a notice that Grandma Palmer sent me a package so I'm excited to pick that up today :D

How was Halloween? I'm sick from eating so much candy. I need to eat better out here! I've never had so much Church's chicken in my life. It's like there version of KFC... it's good but so unhealthy! I've started jump roping in the mornings now.. but the one I have isn't very good...it's one of those chepo rope ones you know? IT HAS BEEN FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING HERE IN THE MORNINGS! The temperature says 65 degrees but honestly it feels like it could snow.... it is the weirdest thing. But by the time we head out after all our studies it is plenty warm.

This week was a good one!!!!! The work is just moving along here in Weslaco. I think I'm pretty much adjusted now :) The Lord has blessed Sister Sigler and I to find some awesome new investigators this week. The first people we found are sisters and going to the local high school here. There is also a fmily that is really awesome as well. They opened up and were welcoming right away. They said they have been wanting to come to church for a while now and we told them that we can help them out with that :) ...but then they never came on Sunday... haha but that is okay, this is a new week! Yes Jennifer got baptized on Saturday! That was really exciting. I love seeing them right after they come out of the water... she told us "Sisters... that felt REALLY GOOD!" :) She was clean :) The best part of the mission! We had a lot of support from the members at the baptism which makes a big difference. Our building here is currently under construction so we have to commute to a chapel in Farr now... I hope that all goes well with that!

This week was a week of success... and some really neat experiences... but also we have seen Satan working really hard. Yesterday we saw a lot of opposition and nothing seemed to be going right. But we are not letting things get us down - don't you worry about that! This is a new week and we are just working away... people may try and stop this work but it won't happen. I love when God speaks in the Doctrine and Covenants and says trying to stop this work is like trying to stop the Mississippi with your arm... not happening!

Yesterday I gave a talk in the Spanish ward for the first time :O ...it was interesting haha. It was super hard for me to speak ten minutes in a row - Spanish tires my toungue out... you know what I mean? It takes more energy to speak and form words... I read a story from general conference and it was probably a bad idea becuase most of the words were really big and hard to say. It was a good experience though and they all were patient with my Spanish.

Oh yeah! Edana sent me leaves from WA in the mail! Cool eh?

Well I love you alll and hope everything is going well! Time is just flying by! TELL CONNOR HAPPY BDAY FOR ME! He now only has to wait 6 years before his mission :)

Love,
Sister Bricker

No comments:

Post a Comment