Monday, November 15, 2010

WE ARE HERE TO HARVEST--I AM BEGINNING TO SEE THAT THE SEEDS HAVE BEEN PLANTED ALREADY

Sister Sigler and I have just been working away down here in Weslaco. We are having fun and meeting a lot of special prepared people. Last week we picked up a family for church and they came in their jeans and school clothes... but we go to pick them up this week and the 8 year old had nice slacks/shoes/shirt and the 12 year old had a nice easter dress on... and we didn't tell them anything :) We have been finding a lot of young adults/kids that really want God in there life - it is just hard to get the parents on board as well. It is true when the scripture says "the field is white already to harvest." I think back to my farewell talk and how I talked about us planting seeds as missionaries... but that isn't the main job at all - we are here to harvest - I'm beginning to see that the seeds have been planted already. We are here to harvest because the field is ready. There are many people ready for the gospel and baptism all around us.

I started reading the Doctrine and Coventants all the way through this week. I love it! I have never read it all the way through before and it is awesome. It is really neat to hear the voice of the Lord speaking through the verses. I feel like I'm coming to know Christ more and more as I read it and see His interaction with the prophet and other people.


LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE YOUR WEEK IS GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment