Tuesday, August 24, 2010

WELL HELLO THERE MADRE AND WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this week has been pretty good!!! I have to agree with Jon that some days are better than others. It is hard sometimes and I'll write you an excerpt from my journal that explains it:

I was having a hard time later in the day while we were teaching with the Elders... I was hot and tired and wasn't in the 'mood' I guess to teach (aka didn't have the Spirit)... when I prayed to God to help me through.. as I prayed, 'Nearer my God to Thee' came into my head. At that moment I was so greatly comforted by that hymn. God blessed me to remember that is what hard moments are about - coming closer to God... Mas cerca Dios de Ti... mas cerca Ti...

The Savior lives, I know it because I feel it everyday in my life. Thanks so much about the D&C 84:77. That is one of my greatest desires is to have the Savior call me His friend. You're a good one mom :) Thanks for all your support for me.

This week I had a lot of fun moments. I met a Hermana Christensen this week and we are AMIGAS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!! She is so crazy and I love her haha. She just left today for KENNEWICK MISSION!!!!!!!!!!! I told her that is where I was born and we were excited. I would have told her to say hi to everyone for me but she will be in Spanish branches I'm sure. She was in the advanced Spanish course so she helped me with my Spanish haha. BY THE WAY THE NEXT TWO WEEKS I WILL BE SPEAKING 80 PERCENT IN SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH OH HAHAHA. I try my best and that is all I can do... only two more weeks in the MTC it is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy but i'm really looking forward to getting out into the world... even though it is going to be a major shell shock from being in the same mile radius of only missionaries haha.

Okay something exciting this week is that our progressing investigator Alan is getting baptized this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooo! We introduced the Word of Wisdom to him and he was hesitant at first... but later while thinking about it he said he was willing to take that step of faith. Ah the gospel is great. Tomorrow we go to the TRC to teach the Plan of Salvation in Spanish. I love that knowledge. Families can be together forever :)

I LOVE YOU ALL MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh p.s. I met Ses Maiava's neice yesterday at the mtc!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment