Monday, December 13, 2010

Bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success.

Woooo hooooo I'm excited for this package!!! We have our little tree lit and ready :) I know as soon as we left I was like "oh no I forgot to get her the address!" But luckily Melissa (the member that always comes out with us) was able to get it to you. I'm attempting to scrounge up things here and there to send for you for Christmas! We don't have a super long time to shop so I hope I can get it out by next Monday.

Yay for gingerbread projects! Yes take lots of pictures! That is funny that Jon just sent his companion home... because so did I! Yesterday we drove Sister Smith down to McAllen to drop her off at the mission home. When we were there President Trayner made pb&j sandwitches for us.. but when he heard I can't eat wheat he heated up some tamales for me! SO GOOD! Then we found out we would be getting another companion and picked Sister Carlos up and came back to Raymondville. It was a nice little Sunday road trip.

This week we didn't see a lot of success. We were working hard but not many people were interested or listening. We had no investigators at church for the first time in my mission. The baptism that was supposed to happen on Sunday didn't... I was like, man, I'm failing as a missionary! So I did some self-evaluating on what I was doing good and what I can improve... then we just kept working. That night we had three amazing lessons. Sylvia and her family were there for their appointment and want to get baptized in January. Leslie still wants to get baptized... but this morning when she was on her way to church, her grandpa had a heart attack or something and ended up spending the whole day in the hospital. And we set up a few promising appointments for this week. Today I read Alma 26:27 which totally fit in with how I was feeling yesterday:

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy bretheren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success.

It is so true! We just need to endure and do our best and the Lord will make up the rest. Which is why He is the best gift we have ever received.

I want to tell you about Sandra. She just moved here from Georgia to live with her aunt and uncle. She was raised Baptist but we've been teaching her for a few weeks now. I loved our lesson with her on Saturday. We were just answering all of her questions with the Book of Mormon and Bible... when she looks down at the floor and says "this just brings me back to my first doubt....... that I think it's (the church/prophet/everything) probably going to be true... it just makes sense." She was totally sincere about it... but I'm just smiling to myself because that is the best "doubt" I've ever heard... if only everyone had that same doubt haha :)

Well I've got to run but I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS ACTUALLY SNOWING PLACES! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO WEIRD TO ME!

GOD IS GOOD! THIS CHURCH IS HIS!

LES QUIERO

No comments:

Post a Comment