Monday, January 10, 2011

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M BEING TRANSFERRED AGAIN!

I KNOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M BEING TRANSFERED AGAIN! This seriously never happens. I thought I was staying for sure. When we got the phone call, the zone leader said "okay Sister Carlos and Sister Nelson..." and I thought he was going to say "are leaving" but then he said "are staying...and Sister Bricker is going to Brownsville." Crazy. We freaked out. As always, I love my area and will miss it a ton (dejavu AGAIN haha) but again I know it is for a reason and God has other plans instore for me. I will be in Brownsville with Sister Zamora and Sister Boyle. I have met them both before and are super fun so I it will be a blast to serve with them. I have been out the longest out of the three of us so President has assigned me as Senior Companion :O Uh oh! Brownsville is basically 70% Spanish and 30%English so I'm excited to work on my spanish more...

I have been thinking about getting moved around so much... and trying not to think "why" but "what can I learn from this?" I think what I have learned the most is that no matter where I am or where I go or what situations I'm in... the Lord always provides. He always takes care of me and knows exactly what I need. In these changes I remember that it is upon HIM that I need to build my foundation (Helamen 12:14... I think?). Everytime I get moved somewhere it is like starting new...new people, new companion, new place, new members... but the Lord is always there to rely on. Maybe I just need more humilitly...

My last week here in Raymondville was good :) We have been working with an investigator to get her ready for baptism this month. We had a good FHE with her and her kids this week. She just had a baby a month ago. We went over there and she was feeling pretty low :( becuase she can't really go out anywhere except be with the kids while her husband works. She says she is always exausted (b/c of the two older kids)... so we were able to clean her house for her... we swept and mopped and did ALL the dishes and the place looked really nice! It sounds really simple and like "whatever..." but honestly was the best experience I had this week because she was so thrilled. It made her day and lifted her spirits a lot. "By small and simple things do great things come to pass."

I know that there are people that need our help all around. I know you are all doing great things out there in the world - keep it up!

Mom I hope everything goes well with the FHE I sent :) Let me know how it goes. I wish I could have been there for Gracie's baptism! Send pictures. I'll send pics this week. Tell her that she is EXTRA CLEAN NOW! Third time is the charm :)

LOVE YOU ALL!

GOD IS GOOD!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY SPREADING HIS TRUTH

HERMANA BRICKER

No comments:

Post a Comment