Wednesday, January 19, 2011

IT POURED ALL DAY LONG!!!! It felt just like home :)

Thank you for your email. I really needed that last sentence that says "although sometimes we can get discouraged because we can't hit the bullseye, it's no reason to give up. The arrows are free, through Christ, we get to repent and keep on trying to do better." This week has been hard. We had a zone meeting where our leaders told us that if we aren't meeting our goals it is OUR fault... no excuses... we can't blame no one coming to church on anyone but ourself... we just need to repent and think of what we need to do differently. I have been thinking of all the things that I need to do better as a missionary and it has been really overwhelming for me... you know me I don't usually let things get to me but this week I have and it was hard. So it was good to read that reminder that we just do our best and the Lord will make up the rest.

Monday we couldn't email because the library was closed and yesterday we were SUPER SICK. It was my first day being sick on the mission. Sister Zamora and I were puking all night :/ Those moments are never fun but they bring me closer to my Savior because in those moments I am humble. In those moments I realize that I need help. We stayed in all yesterday and slept...and tried to study when we had energy. I'm feeling better today but still just the crummy after effects.

YAY YOU DID THE FHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm glad that went well! Sarah and Debbie are going to prepare? That is awesome. What about Chris/Jeff/Steve/Mike? Thanks for doing that. I hope you all could feel the spirit and my love for you all!

Brownsville! Well it has been a transition from Raymondville... a lot bigger haha. My new address is:

2425 Barnard Rd #33B
Brownsville, TX 78520

We are basically starting from square one here. We have one progressing investigator. She is a girlfriend of a less-active member here. She really wants to know for herself if these things are true. She has good questions and real intent. I know she will get her answer about this gospel soon. There is a lot more Spanish here which is fun. People walk to Mexico all the time becuase it is only a couple miles south (like walking from our house to downtown Oly). Saturday is our walking day... and for the first time in my whole mission it POURED ALL DAY LONG!!!!! It felt just like home :) haha except I wasn't prepared with any rain gear so I was SOAKED.. but it was fun. No one really wanted to let us in though becuase we were wet :) OH well! Ni modo!

Your pictures look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you all had a good time together. I am so grateful for the support and love you give me every day. I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!! I am very appreciative for all of you.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment