Monday, February 7, 2011

We Are Just Getting Lost in the Work

That is super exciting about Zach!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him congrats for me. Is Phil going too?

I'm excited to try and speak Spanish with the exchange students when I get back :) :) :) Thanks to Heavenly Father's help, Spanish is getting a little bit easier to understand and speak. I'm not PRO by any means, but I survive and can communicate the Lord's message. Oh my goodness... for some reason we have been going in wrong directions lately and have almost gone to Mexico like three times haha.

OH MY IT WAS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING HERE!!!!!!!!!! It is never supposed to get like below 50 here in the winter but last week it was 28!!!!!!!!! I was NOT prepared for this weather haha! EVERYONE WAS FREAKING OUT! A couple days before, while we were contacting, we saw everyone covering their trees and plants with plastic... and we were thinking "hmm that is kind of weird," then sure enough it got FREEZING. We literally had nothing for the cold. I gave away all my thick skirts because I was sure I'd never need them. We made an emergency Walmart trip to get clothes... but all they had were swimsuits! haha no gloves/scarves/nothing... well we were at least able to buy tights which made all the difference. We just basically wore all the clothes we had - we wore our sweatpants under our skirts and rolled them up so you couldn't see :) They closed school for 2 days here... just because it was 32 degrees... funny huh?! We took pictures because there were little icicles next to our TEXAS license plate. I'm going to send it to Jon because they are cooler then his New York icicles. While contacting everyone was like "what are you doing?!?! go home!!!!" haha.

We are teaching a lot of awesome people right now. One of them is athiest. He LOVES learning. He said "time with you always goes by way too fast!" He told us that since he has been to the US, Christians have been trying to get him to come to church and keep telling him "you have a dark spirit, come to church!" and that really turned him off to religion... but then he saw the Elder's from the church and how happy they were all the time. He was like "they do the same thing day in and day out and say the same things over and over... but the difference with them is that they are HAPPY when they do it... and so I thought there must be something different about that church." And now we are teaching him and he loves it all! He asks lots of good questions and wants to learn.

We had Stake Conference up in Harlingen. It was awesome! I got to see my Raymondville family :) Sister Carlso and Nelson were there so it was fun to catch up with them. They told me that Crystal got baptized!!!!!! (we were teaching her last transfer). They are having lots of success up there which is exciting. It is always fun to hear from old companions... did I tell you that I found out that the Perez kids got baptized after I left???????! SO COOL!

The package was awesome! Thanks so much. We are just getting lost in the work here.

Love,
Hermana Bricker

No comments:

Post a Comment