Monday, February 28, 2011

It is a tender mercy to be a part of this work

Okay well thank you for that reminder that I need to have more gratitude in my life. I am grateful for my AWESOME and supportive family!!! I'm grateful to be able to spend a year and a half of my life not worrying about the things of the world. I am grateful that God has been so good to me everyday of my life. I am grateful that George wants to come back on the path to God. I am grateful that Sister Lichfield and I are going to get DQ blizzards today :)

This week was pretty good! Sister Lichfield is AWESOME! She is basically training ME. She is so on top of everything and is very excited and focused on the work. I'm learning a lot from her about how to really focus studies on the investigators. It has been really fun to have her with me this past week. I think the more you are on a mission the more you start to take things for granted... like finding someone who is interested and wants to learn more... she was so cutely excited! And it is just something that I do everyday - its still exciting of course - but I have just been taking it for granted.

No one came to church this week :( Hijole! No se que paso. We talked to one of our investigators afterward and he said his phone got wet and the alarm didn't go off... we are working on getting him an alarm clock hahaha. He has a great heart and wants to change, it is just a slow and patient process. He told us that he hasn't prayed on his own for many years because he feels unworthy. It was so sad for me to hear that... that is when we need to pray the most!!!! Just like the story of the prodigal son... God is waiting for each one of His children to come back. He is just waiting to run and meet us and give us a big hug. God's hand is always extended out towards us.

It is a tender mercy to be a part of this work. I'm so very grateful. It is hard but I'm learning so much. I can't believe next week I'll be out 8 months! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..

So funny story... in Spanish ward, the ward chorister (I don't know how to spell that and don't have time to look it up sorry haha) was out of town this Sunday. The bishop looks out in the congregation and asks one of us sister missionaries to get up and lead...because I'm sure he just assumes that we know what we are doing haha. We are all singing without piano... and I had NO IDEA what this song was, ESPECIALLY in Spanish. So I was thinking to myself "okay we'll just go with it and hopefully everyone knows that song because I don't." So we started singing..... HAHAHAHAHA it was sooooooooo bad! I was like trying to read the notes and sing the tune but had no idea what it was and niether did anybody else... so after about 10 seconds of trying to make it work the Bishop just puts up his hands and says "VAMOS A CAMBIAR EL HIMNO" and we changed to a hymn that we actually all knew and it went much better. It was just a funny experience. I'm pretty sure my face was bright red.

WELL I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE BROWNSVILLE

TELL SISTER SMITH AT HOME THAT I LOVED THE TALK AND SCRIPTURE MARKERS

TELL GRANDMA THAT I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED HER LETTER AND SCOTCHEROOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment