Monday, March 7, 2011

It is always something big when the President calls. . .

Estaba muy soprendida cuando escuche a nuestros mensajes... y tuvimos una mensaje del Obispo! We were driving home from a lesson at night and I looked and saw that we had two voicemails... when I saw we got a missed call from President Trayner I was like "ohhhh no something is going to happen/change!" because it is always something big when the President calls. Then we listened to it and he said Bishop K was here and I got sooooo excited!!!!!!! It was a lot of fun!!!!!!! He took us to Texas Roadhouse - muy rico! It was kind of weird to see someone from home haha but it was really nice just to spend time with him and hear the update on everyone back home. He told me that the ward has 7 missionaries out right now - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY FOR RENEWING OUR COVENANTS WHEN TAKING THE SACRAMENT! That is something we've really been focusing on as missionaries when inviting people to churhc - the Sacrament. There is great promise and power in that ordinance... that we can have Christ's spirit with us ALWAYS.

Well we had a great week and lessons with our investigator....but then he texted us Saturday night saying "i won't be able to make it to church tomorrow." We were devastated... we haven't been able to talk with him since to see what happened. He isn't ready at this point in his life but I know he will be someday. He is great - I hope you can meet him someday. I WANT YOU AND DAD TO COME DOWN SO I CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...or we can save money and do a south america tour and visit all the exchange students :)

Even though basically everyone that has been progressing here is now NOT progressing - the Lord has blessed us with more ready people!!!! He is so good like that! We have lots of great potential members of Christ's church that we are working with. However next week will be slow work wise because I have to go to a three day training in McAllen... which means I won't be here in Brownsville at all. I could be staying with Sister Villalobos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!! It is so fun to be able to see old companions again. They all just become like sisters :)

So some highlights of the week:
-We got kicked out of some apartment complexes...poor Sister Lichfield, her first full week gets kicked out of a place... haha that's the life though :)
-Rode bikes all Saturday and it was the first time I got to use my bike in rugged terrain... it was super fun! The wind was blowing my skirt everywhere haha but luckily I have leggings on underneath
-While running in the morning I tripped and fell... AGAIN
-Dinner with bishop
-New companion training in McAllen - got to see Sister Boyle again :)
-Met MARCOS and Geraldo who are awesome!
-Sister Sanchez fed us the most DELICIOUS tacos
-I got to talk at the baptizm of PENELOPE... who is AMAZING! and will probably be famous someday...the Elder's were teaching her, she is 18 and has a rock solid testimony

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH AND THANKS FOR SAYING HELLO TO NICKI!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT HER PACKAGE TODAY AND LOOOOOOOOOVED IT! SHE IS AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment