Monday, May 2, 2011

I just wish so bad that everyone would have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost and endure to the end!

Well hello my dear mother and family :) :) :)

SOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! I know I heard about Osama as well! That is cool. I know we are totally away from all news/world things so if it weren't for you we'd be completely oblivious... except for stuff about the drug war. Basically every contact we have, the people talk about how bad the drug war is here at the border. It's sad :( But Heavenly Father is watching out for us here.

Mom the garden sounds like it is going to be AWESOME! Please send some pictures when you can. Haha that is funny about 3 days of straight sunshine... I think I take sunny Texas for granted. Good work inviting all the exchange students to church :) You can tell if something is of God by it's "fruits" and one of those fruits are the meetings at church.

So this week went by SUPER FAST! It was heartbreaking in a lot of ways and successful in a lot of ways. I just care about and love the people sooooooooooooo much that it hurts to see them make bad choices...choices that push them farther away from God. I just wish so bad that everyone would have faith, repent, be baptized, recieve the Holy Ghost and endure to the end! We have to stop working with a lot of people because they are making bad choices... it is sad but we need to spend the Lord's time with the people who are ready. GOOD NEWS though is that the three kids we have been working with are getting baptized next week! On Mother's Day! They were a less active family and none of the kids have been baptized... the Dad is worthy to preform the ordinance so it will be super special. I love going to see baptisms because the spirit is so strong... and I love seeing a congregation of people taking the sacrament because in effect it is the same cleansing process. God is so merciful to let us repent after every mistake we make day after day. No matter how many times we turn our backs on Him, He will always be there with arms outstreched.

There have been a couple of intense lessons this week... kind of like the make it or break it lessons. I know that God's ways are not man's ways (Mosiah 4:9). No matter how much we try and reason with our own logic - ultimitly the only way we are going to know of spiritual/Godly things is through the Spirit.

"The things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God... but the natural man recieveth not the things of the spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:11, 14

We can know if God exists/if this church is true/if we should get baptized/etc., if we seek guidance by the Spirit. Whatever problems we have we can receive guidance from the spirit. Okay I don't know where I'm going with this but we still have to shop and clean clothes so I'll talk to you Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment