Wednesday, May 11, 2011

LA VIDA ES BUENA!

CAN I JUST TELLL YOU ALL SOMETHING?!

L
I
F
E

I
S

S
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

G
O
O
D
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CASTILLO KIDS WERE BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And another kid that we are teaching came to the baptism and he was like "I wish I could do that today." It is really true when Christ tells us "be ye as little children." They aren't set in their ways yet and they are just willing to do whatever it takes to come closer to God. They recognize the spirit so much easier than adults.... the only problem is getting the parents permission and support. We are trying to work with his mom so that she can start coming too... but I'm afraid it will be a slow process... but hey I just need faith! Miracles happen with faith :) "miracles follow those that believe"

We hadn't talked to our one investigator AT ALLL the last week because he wasn't progressing... and out of nowhere he shows up a church with a nice dress shirt, slacks, and a tie. He offered to say the first prayer in class and participated a ton. He said "I will do ANYTHING to get baptized - I will give up ANYTHING." He is turning around poco a poco... kind of reminds me of king Lamoni when he says "I will give up all my sins to know thee." I hoooooooooooooooooooooooope so bad that I am here to see his baptism. We find out about transfers Saturday. I think I will leave because I've been here a while and because of our stalker problem.

So we've had a creeper (well basically sister Lichfield) who has been calling us and calling us and calling us to go out to South Padre Island with him and the zoo and the pet shop. Back when we were teaching him (March) he would only let us come over when his wife wasn't home :/ just creepy. We told him he needs to stop calling us... but then when we were teaching in his nieghborhood, he FOLLOWED US IN HIS CAR to our next appointment. When we got out we all were super uncomfortable when we saw him. He said "I just followed you - is this where you live?" WHO DOES THAT?! Luckily we weren't driving home - if he knew where we lived, we would need to move. It was really bad - we all have super uneasy feelings with him. I'm really glad for the rule of companions. We aren't going back to his area anymore.

LA VIDA ES BUENA!

I WISH WE HAD MORE TIME TO TALK BUT SUCH IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE ALL IS WELL! THE WORK IS AWESOME AND I AM HAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment