Monday, June 20, 2011

"I don't want to leave church, I just want to stay here the rest of the night."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO COOL THAT CHRIS THOLSTROM IS OUR NEW BISHOP! THEY WILL ALL DO A GREAT JOB! That is awesome that Rodrigo and Nori like church. Go Jenna Wellock for say hi! That helps out so much. I love it when we don't have to introduce our investigators, but when people notice themselves and come to say hello. I'm greatful to be a missionary so I can be a little more aware of those things when I go home.

So guess what? I have news for you...


GEORGE GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!


Cool huh? I was really excited when the district leader texTed us and said he interviewed him and felt that he was ready. I was talking with him on the phone the night before his baptism and I asked him what made him so excited about his baptism. He told me "you know... I have a great family, I have great friends, I'm going to school, things are great... but still I feel like I'm missing something and I think that is baptism." The service went really well, the spirit was there. Brother Piava baptized him ( he is from Tacoma). Afterwards the Spanish ward was having a fiesta for Father's Day and so George stayed and ate and had a good time. He LOVES bbq's/fiestas. So for him, the whole night was perfect. He said "I don't even want to leave church, I just want to stay here for the rest of the night." He said on the way over to the baptism he was thinking "man I should have invited my family sooner (no one showed up :/) and I should have told them so we could have a bbq after and all get together... but oh well, God will provide, all is good." Then after the baptism his new ward family had a bbq :) He said he knew that was present from God specifically.

Wow so the work here is going great. Victoria is getting baptized next sunday. She brought her son to church this Sunday. It was ward conference so they were sustaining a lot of people. Her son walked out after about ten minutes because he "felt like he was in a court instead of church." Errr that wasn't good :( We tried to explain that that doesn't happen every Sunday haha.

Sister Martinez is great and has a powerful testimony. She actually just got baptized two years ago! This week is Zone Conference so I get to see Sister Lichfield :)


I love you all so much! Have fun in Mackay! Take some pictures and eat some fish and hot cakes for me :) Thanks for the diet info! I might just have to try that out... but no peanut butter for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time! that will be hard!

NOS VEMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment