Monday, June 6, 2011

It is just beautiful how God knows each and every one of His children.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the money in my account. I took out some cash today to have on hand if something happens. President emailed us and told us to be ready because there is something brewing in the gulf... or somewhere. Should be fun :)

I can't believe Oly is not there anymore :( :( :( QUE TRISTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope wherever he is at he is loved. Yay I'm glad that you are out of school and got to garden! You deserve some destress garden time... or does that stress you even more? haha. There is something about working with soil and plants that puts me to ease. I'm glad Grandma is doing better. She has been in my prayers.

We had one of the most powerful and spiritual lessons of my mission with one of our investigators this week. We were teaching her the plan... when we got to the part about the Atonement, I had the prompting just to stop and sing "I Stand All Amazed." We had planned a lot of great scriptures and to explain it really well... but we just stopped and sang that song instead. Before the first verse was over, tears were dripping down her face to where she couldn't sing anymore. It is just beautiful how God knows each and every one of His children. He knows what works for each one. She needed that song at that very time and moment to help her understand the Atonement. We invited her to say the prayer right after. It was the most beautiful thing. She just sobbed thanking God for the spirit she felt and all the blessings she has. She plead for forgiveness and to become like a child again (we read Mosiah 3:19 earlier in the lesson). It is just so interesting how more often than not, I am the one being taught in our lessons. I'm just so grateful for the mercy of God.

He shows me through small and simple things each day that He exists and loves me. I have many moments each day that I am in awe of all my blessings. God is good.

The work is going well here :) One of our investigators is getting baptized this Saturday!

Well I love you all and have a gooooooooooooooooooooooooood week :)

Good luck with the new exchange students!

No comments:

Post a Comment