Monday, October 31, 2011

The baptism this Sunday was one of the most spiritual I've been to on my mission

The baptism this Sunday was one of the most spiritual I've been to on my mission. Long story short, our investigator and her boyfriend are going to get baptized next month on the 20th. The kids didn't want to wait, so the two girls got baptized last night with a man that the Elders were teaching. It was interesting to see the huge contrast in their situations - an 84 year old man and two 8 & 11 year old girls. Everyone at the baptism was really well behaved and reverent. Another investigator came and actually gave the opening prayer! It was awesome. The older man went first and then it was the 8 year old's turn. While she was waiting, Sister Cortes told me that she came and gave her a hug and started to cry... "I'm getting baptized!" She felt the spirit and started crying. It is amazing to me how her little spirit, even though she may not understand EVERYTHING yet, knew that this was a special moment. She knew what she was about to do was something that God was really proud of. Both of the girls were just beaming and beautiful afterward. Their Mom and her boyfriend are going to buy their license this week for marriage and we are going to teach him the Word of Wisdom. We had an amazing lesson with them this week! We also had interviews with President Trayner this week. They were really good :) I love talking to him. YAY I'M GOOD TO GO FOR SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have time, could you check at the BYU-I nursing program and see when the deadline is to apply for the nursing program? I know it is really hard to get in there but there is no hurt in trying... if God wants me there, things will happen... but if not I'll just head down to Dixie after that! That is good that school starts in April because it will give me a little time to work and save up some money before I head off for adventures in school. MY DREAMS CAME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET TO STAY HERE WITH SISTER CORTES FOR ONE MORE TRANSFER! I have a feeling it is going to flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy by! We have too much fun together. I'm going to try and print pictures today! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment